DHTML popup menu to button
There are three steps to add a DHTML popup submenu to a web
- Define the web button first;
- Define a popup submenu with Popup Menu Editor;
- Link this popup menu to web button.
Suppose you are going to make a navigation button bar, and
add a popup submenu to button "Photo Gallery".
1. Define the web button first.
2. Define a popup submenu with Popup Menu Editor:
a. Click "Popup Menu" button on the main toolbar,
or click menu "Template/Popup Menu Editor". In the
"Popup Menu Manager" window, click "New"
button. You can select "New from template" from
the drop-down menu list.
b. In the "Popup menu template" window, select
your favorite pupup menu style.
c. In the "Popup menu editor" window, define the
- First please choose the number of submenu items. You can
click "add menu item" button to add a menu item,
click "delete menu item" button to delete the
selected item. Click "move up" button to move
the selected item to upper position, click "move down"
button to move the selected item to a lower position.
- Select a menu item by clicking it, then you can define
text and link address of this menu item.
- Enter text in the "Text" field to change
the menu item caption.
- Enter link address in the "Link to" filed
to define the menu item link. You can use:
Absolute web site link like:
Relative link: if the linked page is in the same directory
as button (the page contains this button) , the relative
link is like:
If the linked page is in a sub-directory of the menu
page, the relative path is like
If the linked page is in an up-level directory of the
menu page, the relative path is like
d. Define a name for this menu, such as "photo-gallery",
and enter it to "Menu name" text box. Then click
3. Link this popup menu to web button:
a. Select the web button "Button Gallery" by right
b. Click panel "Button Link & Popup Submenu".
Check "Popup Submenu" option, select the just created
menu "photo-gallery" from the menu drop-down list
d. Now, you can click "Preview" button on the main
toolbar, and select "show preview window" to display
the design in the preview window.