How to setup
and view search reports?
Search Keywords Reports show how much search activity your
site is getting, the top keywords that people are looking
for, and a sample of the most recent queries. To setup
and view search reports, you must select the PHP search
In the "Options" window, on the "Basic Options"
panel, select "PHP" script type and check the
"Supports Search Keywords Reports" option. You
can also set a password for accessing the report.
PHP search engine consists of four files:
* search.php -This is a search query page. You can edit
this file to customize the search box, or you can copy the
search box scripts to another HTML file;
* searchresult.php - This is the search result page. You
can edit this file to customize the search result page;
* searchfunc.php - These are the search function scripts.
Do not modify anything in this file;
* searchdb.php - This is the search engine database file.
Do not modify this file;
If you have selected PHP search engine report, there may
be two other files:
* report.php - This is the search reports page
* search.log - This is the search log file
To add site search to your site do the following:
1. Upload the search engine files to the web server, using
any FTP client (such as CuteFTP).
2. Run search.php to access the search query page. You can
also copy the form in search.php file to another Web page
to access the search box.
To view the search engine reports generated by your website
search engine, do the following:
1. Upload the search engine report files to the Web server,
using any FTP client (such as CuteFTP). These two files
should be placed in the same directory as the search engine
2. Set CHMOD for search.log file as 666 (read/write for user/group/all)
3. Run report.php to view the search reports.
If you use the built-in FTP tool in the Composer, it will automatically
CHMOD the search.log file.
What is CHMOD?
CHMOD is used to change file attributes. To activate the
report function of the PHP search engine, you must set CHMOD
for "search.log" file as 666 (read/write for user/group/all).
How to CHMOD a file?
You can use your FTP client software (duch as CuteFTP) to
CHMOD a file. This is easy to do.
After uploading the search engine files to your FTP server,
in the server file list, right-click "search.log"
file. On the popup menu, click "Properties/CHMOD"
or "Attributes/CHMOD". In the "properties"
window, set "permission" to "666". Now
the attribute of file "search.log" will be "-rw-rw-rw-".